Well, yes – industrial PCs can also be mini pc.
Would you ever choose to buy a dishwasher that clutters up a quarter of your kitchen, when you could have one that takes up half the space, washes the same amount of dishes and glasses, and consumes less? Now try asking yourself the same question by replacing ‘dishwasher’ with ‘PC’, ‘kitchen’ with ‘workspace’, and ‘washes the same amount of dishes and glasses’ with ‘has the same performance’.
Because larger size does not necessarily mean greater performance. On the contrary, many industrial mini PCs have the same performance as a normal, bulky desktop computer. Sometimes even more. While taking up less space (and consuming less).
In this article, we will look at the advantages of using an industrial mini-PC over an ordinary desktop PC – and present the concrete evidence by letting our customers speak for themselves.
Why choose and industrial Mini PC
What are the advantages of using an industrial mini PC vs a common desktop PC?
- Same performance. In less space. In short, with a mini industrial PC you can have the same performance of a desktop one, in half the space (or less). Therefore, you can employ them in the most different contexts – from switchboards to digital kiosks, from production machinery to digital signage systems.
- They are extremely versatile: industrial mini PCs lend themselves to a wide range of applications, and in most cases can be configured with the CPU of your choice to fully meet your needs
- They consume less: compared to classic desktop PCs, industrial mini PCs consume much less – something 120W (maximum) versus 700-850W.
And the advantages of an industrial mini PC vs a consumer mini PC?
- They are fanless: industrial PC – even mini ones – are mainly fanless. This means no noise and no risks of dust or liquids infiltrating into the PC, which might cause malfunctions or permanent damages to the device.
- They are built on industrial hardware: unlike consumer mini PCs, industrial mini PCs are built on certified industrial hardware, which has a much longer lifecycle
- They are highly customisable: expansion boards, extended temperature range, type of mounting… industrial mini-PCs can be customised according to customer requirements and application context, guaranteeing performance and reliability.
The best Mini PCs – Read the reviews
From industrial production to robotics, from video surveillance to digital signage, the mini PCs we have built for our customers over the years have been used in the most diverse fields.
Versatility and customisation play a big role, as Kimera’s mini PCs can be configured according to specific needs.
In addition to Kimera’s added benefits: short delivery time, expert support in 3-5 working days in case of failure, CE certification, and 3-year warranty on all computers. For a mini PC with maximum performance.
This, for instance, is a case study we realised with a customer of ours on the application of industrial mini PCs for robotics solutions and Industry 4.0. In particular, we examined the project requirements and compared the solution with a normal desktop PC and the solution with the Kimera Fast industrial mini PC: You can find it here.
[Testimonial] From now on, I’m more relaxed with an industrial PC
At this point, however, I think our customers’ words are worth more. So I’ll leave you with the testimonial of Marco Zana, Project Manager at Robot at Work, with whom we collaborated to build mini industrial PCs for their robot cells:
If you want to read what our customers say about us, you can find more reviews here.
Custom industrial mini PCs for your business
Are you developing a new project but don’t know which industrial PC is best for you? Do you need to use your computer in a heavy-duty environment but space is tight? Are you looking for a reliable and efficient mini PC? Contact us now
Our technicians will get in touch with you as soon as possible to examine your requests and offer you a completely free consultation!